I totally agree with you, I don’t see why it would not be importing correctly. It exports correctly with the correct fields. They aren’t being too responsive now, so I’m going to dive into their code and do some debugging to see if i can figure anything out. Not what I want to be doing, but I have to get it working.
I’m going to do some test with the XLIFF files as well and remove some information and import them in, and see what happens. I will give your test a go as well, and report back. I really appreciate your help with this. I know this is really not a ACF problem.
Well they say that ACF is not compatible with with their plugin, however ACF has a page showing how to get it working. It seems that they have some support because all the fields are exported in the XLIFF file from their plugin. The meta fields are also created when the import happens, but the wrong data is put in. I agree this is more of an import issue. I posted in both forums hoping someone would have experienced the same issue. I can’t be the only one having this issue.
The plugin you liked to does not look like it supports XLIFF files. Thanks though.
The importer is part of WPML. I have reached out to them as well, and I’m waiting to hear back. I feel that it has to do with how they are adding the post meta data. The problem is, they already told me, which I knew they would, that ACF is not a supported plugin. However ACF says it is on their side. I just need to figure this out, because I have a lot of pages to import, so any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!
I talked to my host and they had opcode caching running. I had them turn it off, tried the XLIFF import again, and still got the same results. This seems to be on the plugin end of ACF or WPML, and the saving of the fields into the DB.
After a little more investigation, I found that the value for the repeater field (number of rows) is not being imported and saved correctly. It is correct in the XLIFF file, but once saved it is using another value.
After even more investigation, when XLIFFs are imported items are saving to the incorrect fields in the DB, however they are correct in the XLIFFs.
Some more information, after the XLIFF is imported using WPML, I checked to make sure everything was correct, it was. Once I saved it, it doesn’t put the correct data in the field. This could be an issue on the WPML side with how it’s saving the data, but I figured I would come here first. I’ll be posting on their forum as well.
This image shows the field that is set with the condition to only show when a field above it, which is a radio button is set to yes. By default the radio button is set to no.
This image shows that the filed should only be showing on posts that are part of the knowledge category.
This images shows the add new page when the knowledge category is selected. You can see that the field that is supposed to be hidden “Premium Content Downloads” is showing when no is selected.
Just to note, when I go to add a new post, and select the knowledge category, then change no to yes then back to no, the field hides. It’s only on the initial page load and selection of the category that the fields that are supposed to hide don’t. I hope this makes sense, if not let me know. Thanks!
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!