Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO ACF Pro Cannot Connect to Update Server

Solved

ACF Pro Cannot Connect to Update Server

• I can confirm that Rackspace Cloud Sites still result in Error. Could not connect to update server.

Is there any way that you could include more verbose error messaging in the next plugin update so that we can all provide more qualified feedback?

• Hi guys

Ok, can you please email me directly regarding this issue and include your site’s IP address? I will use these IP addresses to do some testing (via my host) and we can solve this once and for all.

My email can be found via my site here: http://www.elliotcondon.com/

Thanks
    E

• I’m still seeing this error (also on Rackspace Cloud Sites). Was this ever resolved Elliot? Are you still asking people to e-mail you directly?

-EDIT: 24h later-
    Tried again today, and it updated without any errors.

• @ryan62 and al the other, @elliot confirmed me by mail that he solved the problem with his host at the beginning of the month. I checked and I have no more issues.
    Since, I was able to update all of my sites without any issues.

• I can confirm Elliot seems to have silently gotten rid of the problem, since all my problem children are now able to connect to the license server and updated accordingly.

• Hello,

Today, I have the same issue as Loïc at OVH hosting.
    It’s WP_Http_Curl->request() method which is called

When I debugged, I had a curl_errno = 7

[7] => ‘CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT’

I contacted OVH support for knowing what is wrong because Elliot said to me the server’s IP isn’t blocked by his ACF host.

• Curious, I did a simple Curl call without WordPress from OVH host and it works !

I wrote to OVH support for knowing why it doesn’t work with WP Curl calls.

To be continued …

• Hi @manooweb

Thanks for the info. Sounds like an odd issue, and hopefully OVH will be able to help figure out why WP CURL is being denied.

Keep me updated

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

OVH answered to me but it doesn’t satisfy me.
    Logs concerned only get to the website and doesn’t trace Curl calls.

I asked again to OVH a way for knowing why I can’t connect to ACF host with CURL call in WordPress API.

It works well from localhost development environment.

To be continued …

• Hi @manooweb

Thanks for the update, keep me posted

• I’m also getting this error on 2 sites –

Error. Could not connect to update server

Running on TSOHOST in the UK

• Hi @andytc

It is possible that the server was down for a short time last night.
    Are you able to visit the ACF ‘Updates’ menu page and click the ‘Check again’ button?

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

Sorry, I didn’t post since 2 weeks.
    My hosting is a shared hosting at OVH and external calls from a website pass by several proxies which IPs are different from the website’s hosting.
    For security reasons on this kind of hosting OVH doesn’t allow any changes.

In this case Curl calls can’t work.
    If I want it works, I must change virtualized hosting.

Also, I’ll manually update ACF PRO.

Thanks.

• Hi @manooweb

Thanks for the update.

Did you hear back from OVH about the question:

I asked again to OVH a way for knowing why I can’t connect to ACF host with CURL call in WordPress API.

Do all other plugin updates work correctly in your WP install?

• Hi Elliot,

For the question, OVH answered they don’t search for application development :-/

Yes ! all other plugin updates work fine inclunding another paying plugin.

• Hi @manooweb

This is very strange.
    Can you ask OVH to supply the outgoing IP address used and I will ask my host if they are blocked.

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

OVH doesn’t want to give me these outgoing IPs.

Sorry.

• Hi @manooweb

Thanks for the reply. That is quite off. I’ve had some previous customers witch bother same issue and the same host, but they were able to provide the outgoing IP addresses…

Without the IP addresses, I can’t ask my host to check the blocked list. So I’m not quite sure how to proceed with this issue.

Please let me know if you are able to obtain the addresses

• hy,

i just stepped over the same issue on a shared hosting server from a client. i tried the debug-mode but could not find any detailed error messages on the page or in the console. it just says “Fehler. Verbindung zum Update-Server konnte nicht hergestellt werden.” in the top section of the page.

@elliot
    should i send you the ip-address of the server?

thanks,
    matt

• Hi @matthias-wagnerfalkemedia-at

Thanks. Can you please open a support ticket here: http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/

Please include your server’s out goign IP address and we will review the issue with our hosting company

• Hi Elliot,

Good news, today I try to enter my ACF Licence key on the same website on the same hosting and it works !!! Very strange, I did nothing else than entering my licence key.

Now I can update the ACF PRO Plugin for this website : it’s cool !!

Best regards
    Emmanuel

• Hum, I spoke too quickly. I can update the licence key but I can’t update the plugin :-/. I’ll do it manually.

• Has anyone else run into this issue with sites hosted on Network Solutions? I’ve successfully installed PRO on a number of sites hosted at other providers but I’m getting the ol’ “Could not connect to update server” message.

• It seems that this discussion is closed for over one year.
    However I have the same issue : With 2 of my websites hosted with OVH I can not register ACF Pro with my key : Can not connect to the server (Impossible de joindre le serveur)
    I could not find any solution in this thread. Any tips ??

• @thehotbrain : I’m currently experiencing the issue with a site hosted on Network Solutions. I’ve had the same experience as you, ACF Pro on other hosts has worked flawlessly, but on Network Solutions I get the ‘Could not connect to the update server error’ as well. Have you had any luck with NetSol tech support? My experience has been lackluster.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘ACF Pro Cannot Connect to Update Server’ is closed to new replies.