I want to purchase some ACF add-ons and I have already submitted support ticket via email. In case, you have not received my query, here is what I wants to know:
1. Is it possible to use same custom fields created with ACF in all the sites in WordPress Multisite Network?
2. Can we use Repeater field add-ons inside the Option Page add-ons?
3. If I Network Activate the Options Page add-ons, Will it be available in all the Sites in the Network?
4. If the ACF doesn’t support the above mentioned functionalities, than what are the possible solutions?
ACF doesn’t provide any support for multi-site, but I have heard many user cases where it has worked fine.
perhaps, before purchasing any add-ons, you can test out ACF + multi-site with the Free plugin.
1. I believe so
3. I’m not sure
4. Again, not sure, multi-site is not my area of expertise
Thanks, but I will be closing this thread
ACF in multisite worked for me too.
Thanks for your reply.
The plugin is making my life so much easier! Although it is working in my multisite network, it isn’t sharing the field groups across all sub sites. I can export the groups to XML and then import them into each sub site, but I have many many sub sites and hope there is a way to update all field groups at once, rather than have to export and import to every site on the network.
Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide!
same problem here. I can use the plugin on a multi site, but was not able to get the same fields to appear across sites – I chose the PHP export and then insert into functions.php route, but it actually does not work – the fields are only available in the first sub-site I had set up. Since many (professional ;)) users are maintaining multisites this should be something you care about a bit ;).
Hey guys I developed a customisable solution for this. Check out my post here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/multisite-sync-solution/
Well, this is quite an interesting thread. So basically, I can use ACF on my multisite to:
1. create a custom theme with a custom field, let’s say “site-icon”. Within the theme, get the value of the “site-icon” and display it, e.g. “fa fa-wrench”.
2. activate that theme on some of my subsites
3. choose a value for each “site-icon” in each subsite (“fa fa-wrench”, “fa fa-globe”, …)
ACF will then show each individual “site-icon” for each subsite?
That would be exactly what I need !! But does it work this way?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
🙋♂️ We are researching for our upcoming website redesign and would love to showcase some brands/agencies of popular or well known websites that use ACF.— Advanced Custom Fields (@wp_acf) October 11, 2019
If you have worked on, or know of any websites that would suit, please comment below.#WordPress
© 2019 Advanced Custom Fields. Subscribe