Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Incompatibility between ACF 5.11.3 and wp-multilang

Helping

Incompatibility between ACF 5.11.3 and wp-multilang

• Since years I successfully use Advanced Custom Fields together with wp-multilang on my sites. But since the last update to 5.11.3 I experience the following problem on my back end forms:

select2.min.js:2 Uncaught Error: No select2/compat/dropdownCss
        at D (select2.min.js:2)
        at s (select2.min.js:2)
        at select2.min.js:2
        at n.apply (select2.min.js:2)
        at new e (select2.min.js:2)
        at new d (select2.min.js:2)
        at HTMLSelectElement.<anonymous> (select2.min.js:2)
        at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,regenerator-runtime,wp-polyfill,wp-hooks&ver=5.8.2:2)
        at s.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,regenerator-runtime,wp-polyfill,wp-hooks&ver=5.8.2:2)
        at s.fn.init.i.fn.select2 (select2.min.js:2)

I had a look on similar topics experiencing this error message (like this for example: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/incompatibility-between-acf-5-11-2-5-11-3-and-profilepress/#post-150665), but could not fix the issue. I tried with deactivating the select2 version (4.0.5) registered from wp-multilang:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'remove_wpmultilang_select2', 99 );
    add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'remove_wpmultilang_select2', 99 );
    function remove_wpmultilang_select2() {
        wp_dequeue_style( 'select2' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'select2' );
    }

But then I get a message that select2 isn’t recognized any more. Any hint?

• Ok, I finally managed to make my forms work again. Loading select2 full instead of minified version in wp-multilang makes the error disappear. But probably this should be fixed on ACF side as the error appeared with the last update. See this thread (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/incompability-with-acf/#post-15117328) for details.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.