I’m experiencing 3 sites on 5.7.0 that, despite re-entering the licence key (twice for each), just say “Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin”.
I have had this problem with updating before on various sites (not necessarily the same 3), but re-entering the key solved it. Not now though.
I’ve been having the same problem lately on my local development sites. This has been going on for a couple months.
I am unable to update on .test domains even though I see them in my “Manage Activations”. It even shows a sensible “Modified” datetime, ie: 2018-08-18 18:24:34.
I am able to update my live versions, ie.: domain.com
But whenever I try and update my local version, ie.: domain.test; I am getting the “Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.”
I’m even updating the License Key locally and I am still unable to update.
Looks like this has reared it’s ugly head again. The update to 5.7.3 isn’t available on 5 sites now. Interestingly, 3 of them are on the same server (literally the same – installed in sub-directories) and yet a 4th one has updated, so it’s not as if the server is blocking the connection!
I’ve been encountering this quite a bit the last couple of weeks as well.
The latest site was running 5.7.3 and was showing “Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin” on the Plugins page. I went to Dashboard -> Updates and tried running the update there, which failed saying the package was not available. I refreshed the Updates page using the “Check Again” button, then went back to the main Plugins page and the notice was gone. I was able to successfully update at that point.
Will have to give it a try on the various other sites I’m working on to see if that works consistently.
Hi kmeronuk – thanks for the suggestion. I can confirm that clicking the “Check Again” button on the main WP updates page (eg http://www.example.com/geneve/wp-admin/update-core.php) solves the problem on two of my sites for me too.
However, I clicked on the “solved” button on your reply too soon, as there are still 2 other sites still with the same old problem, so still not 100% solved!
Having said that, deactivating the licence, clicking the “Check Again” button, re-activating the licence, clicking the “Check Again” button again and going to plugins has finally solved the problem!
I’m guessing there must be some internal WP cache that ACFpro is having problems with.
I had this trouble recently on a dev site, on friday afternoon. I changed the domain name of the site, then I re-entered my license which you need to do whenever you change domain names, and I got the “updates unavailable” message. This morning the same site is working fine. I have to assume there is some type of caching issue somewhere.
Getting same error as everyone else. Can’t update ACF Pro on some sites, while others work using the exact same auth code.
An error occurred while updating Advanced Custom Fields PRO: Before you can receive product updates, you must first authenticate your Elegant Themes subscription. To do this, you need to enter both your Elegant Themes Username and your Elegant Themes API Key into the Updates Tab in your theme and plugin settings. To locate your API Key, log in to your Elegant Themes account and navigate to the Account > API Key page. Learn more here. If you still get this message, please make sure that your Username and API Key have been entered correctly
All sites are on the same server. Tried many of the techniques in this thread.
There is something in the database that is causing the issue, unfortunately, I don’t have any more information at this time. I tried what was suggested by support, that is deactivate and reactivate the license. This did not work.
Since I was working with a dev site and I could I dumped the database and reinstalled WP, this corrected the problem on this site. I realize that not everyone can do this, but it did confirm that it is something in the DB, perhaps some old transient that is not getting updated properly. If I have the problem on another site I will investigate further.
Latest suggestion from support if anyone wants to try it
– Deactivate the license
– Delete the _transient_acf_plugin_updates from the wp_options table
– Reactivate the license
– From the Update Plugins page (not the Plugins page), select ACF PRO and hit update.
Your last suggestions don’t work for me unfortunately. I have been unable to update ACF Pro for about 3 weeks now on 2 separate multisite installations, they always produce a ‘bad request’. I have removed the update transients in both the multite sitemeta table and the options table of the primary blog to no avail.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
We've just released ACF 5.12.3 with a security fix to prevent arbitrary file uploads to forms with ACF fields.— Advanced Custom Fields (@wp_acf) July 14, 2022
Now that we've released this update, we recommend updating your sites as soon as possible.
© 2022 Advanced Custom Fields.