Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues ACF + Ajax; certain fields not initialising

Solved

ACF + Ajax; certain fields not initialising

• Situation
    I’m implementing a custom admin page that gets ACF fields based on a selection.
    Everything is working fine, including the showing and saving of the fields.

Problem
    However, after a field is loaded using Ajax, certain JavaScript functionalities are not working:

• In a repeater field, the add row button does nothing, it also shows nothing in the console when clicked.
      According to my browser a click event IS bound to it from acf-input.js:
      return a.apply(b || this, c.concat(e.call(arguments)))
    • In a wysiwyg field, the Visual button does not work. When clicked it shows the following error in the console: TypeError: r is undefined [tinymce.min.js]

Am I maybe supposed to perform a JavaScript call to initialise the newly loaded fields? Or is there something wrong with my implementation of ACF?

Info on my implementation
    Initial page load
    On initial page load I run acf_enqueue_scripts(); to load all ACF scripts/styling.

Getting fields with Ajax
    On the page when a selection is made, an Ajax call is made to a custom route which performs the following to get the fields HTML:

// get fields based on group key received from POST request
    $fields = acf_get_fields(['key' => $key]);

// render fields, and use output buffering to catch the HTML
    ob_start();
    acf_render_fields($fields, 'my-page');
    $fields_html = ob_get_contents();
    ob_end_clean();

return $fields_html;

Which successfully returns the required HTML to the page.

Saving Fields
    I very simply perform a POST with all the fields to a route which performs the acf_save_post('my-page') function.
    This function gets the fields from the request and saves them, which works wonderfully.

• For example these are a few fields that are being received.
    The radios work just fine, but the add row button does nothing.
    screenshot fields

Here is a text field, and the error in the console that’s shown when Visual is clicked.
    screenshot text field

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ACF + Ajax; certain fields not initialising’ is closed to new replies.