Forum Replies Created

  • Hey, John!

    I’m trying to do this:

    add_filter('acf/update_value/name=categories', 'set_default_category', 9, 3);
    function set_default_category($value, $post_id, $field) {
      if (!is_array($value) || !count($value)) {
        $value = array(get_option('default_category', 1));
      return $value;

    I know it triggers, and I know $value has the id of the selected default category.
    Yet, when the the post is saved, the category doesn’t show up.
    Any tips?

  • Thanks, John! I’ll probably work around it by using the filter in your example.

    Yeah, the desired behavior is that when the customer doesn’t select a category, the default is applied. I noticed it didn’t happen, and I need it to happen because we hide posts based on categories on the site in the pre_get_posts action.


  • I fixed it now!

    I changed the 5 lines to this:
    add_filter('acf/update_value/type=relationship' ....

    I also saw you used get_the_title(), which is a better idea than what I was doing, which was get_post().

    Now it works, and the values I need are saved in the database.

    Also, since I have 5 different fields per post, I use the $field['_name'] plus a string to get seperate a meta_key per relationship field per post.

  • Thanks, John!

    This was similar to how I solved it yesterday 🙂

    I got it almost working, but I need this on 5 relationship fields on the page.
    I’ve tried to add the filter 1 time for each realtionship field, but then it seems like not all of them are run.

    Maybe 5 are too many.

    I tried this:

    add_filter('acf/update_value/name= ...
    add_filter('acf/update_value/name= ...
    add_filter('acf/update_value/name= ...
    add_filter('acf/update_value/name= ...
    add_filter('acf/update_value/name= ...
  • Ah, I found my mistake. I did what you said, disabled the plugins and changed the theme. That worked out.

    When I tried to changed it back to the theme we’re using, and put the code in functions.php, earlier it was in another file, it worked.

    Then I put it in the original file which gets included in the functions.php file, and it stopped working. Then, I noticed I forgot to add the namespace before the callback.
    So this works:

    function my_relationship_query( $args, $field, $post_id ) {
    	// only show children of the current post being edited
    	$args['post_parent'] = 7;
    	// return
    	return $args;
    // filter for every field
    add_filter('acf/fields/relationship/query/name=_theme', __NAMESPACE__ . '\my_relationship_query', 10, 3);

    I’ll change the id of the post to a field which they can set on an options page.

    Sorry about that, and super thanks for your help!
    Hope I didn’t take to much of your time 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)