Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Wysiwyg Visual Tab not working in taxonomy

Solving

Wysiwyg Visual Tab not working in taxonomy

• wp 4.6.1 + acf 5.5.0

steps:
    1 Associate a wyssiwyg to a taxonomy term.
    2 Create term in that taxonomy (wysiwyg works ok)
    3 Edit taxonomy
    4 Click Visual tab on the wysiwyg. (does not work)

js errors in the page:

1 Cannot set property ‘id’ of undefined acf-input.min-js
    (unminifying: ln:3322 this.o.id = this.$textarea.attr(“id”) )

2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘canvas’ of undefined
    (/load-scripts.php)

• Hi @permanyer

I’ve just tested it on my installation but failed to reproduce the issue. Maybe there’s a conflict on your site. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

If the issue persists, could you please share the JSON export file of your field group so I can check your setup and test it on my installation?

Thanks 🙂

• OK, yes, sorry

The theme is ok, but it gets broken when WPML plugin is activated.

• Hi @permanyer

I’ve just checked it again using WPML and it seems that WPML is duplicating the last ‘tr’ element on the page and adding it’s meta box (language switcher).

The problem is that this duplicated tr contains all the ACF classes, so ACF thinks it is a WYSIWYG field. This is why the JS fails.

Can you please contact WPML and let them know that they should use a clean ‘<tr>’ element to avoid conflicts with 3rd party plugins. ACF is not the only plugin that appends extra form inputs to the category edit page, so it would be in WPML’s best interest to fix the issue from their end.

I hope this makes sense 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wysiwyg Visual Tab not working in taxonomy’ is closed to new replies.