Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues WYSIWYG Paragraphs

Solving

WYSIWYG Paragraphs

• I’m using ACF to create blocks of editable content (I’m using wordpress as a CMS)… Anyway, what I’m trying to accomplish is so so simple yet nothing is working and it’s driving me crazy.

I’m trying to create two paragraphs in a block of content.

This is what the code in the HTML tab looks like when clicked (before I press update)

<p>(first line)</p><p>(second line)</p> (the brackets represent real text)

I clicked update and the HTML changes to this:

<p>(first line<br />(second line)</p>

I’ve tried absolutely everything and it’s driving me crazy. I’ve tried manually inputting the <p> tags and I’ve also tried changing from WYSIWYG to text/textarea and putting the text with the HTML codes in that way…

No matter what I try; absolutely nothing works and this is such a simple task that I’m trying to accomplish (and also quite important) and i’ll admit, this is driving me insane. 🙁

• Hi @leaksterrr

I am 100% sure that you can have multiple paragraphs of text within a WYSIWYG field. I have written many blog articles which multiple paragraphs.

Perhaps you need to not use the HTML tab? When you write your paragraph and then hit enter, do you get a paragraph space between the blocks of text?

What do you get when you render the value on the page with the_field?

Do the paragraph tags appear?

Please note that WP will stip out p tags when it saves the value and then add them back in when you render it. Perhaps this is the issue?

• I had the same issue and solved it by changing the Configure New Line Behavior Per Post Type to P-Tags in Settings > Writing for the post type related post type.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘WYSIWYG Paragraphs’ is closed to new replies.