Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues wysiwyg front-end form doesn't work with Ajax call

Solving

wysiwyg front-end form doesn't work with Ajax call

• Hey guys,

So I’ve been trying to make a page that gets certain kinds of forms.
    Since it’s not possible to know which form is needed when the page loads I’m trying to load all the forms with ajax.

right now I’ve got the problem that when i load all the forms with ajax, the content is shown like the first attachment.

Somehow it does work when I put a acf_form in the template. Then it is shown as the second attachment.
    But only if I have the post_content variable set to true in the options.

My forms are received correctly by ajax and there are no errors anywhere whatsoever.

I think the problem is that the acf_form_head(), which I call at the top of my template, doesn’t load all the content that is needed, when there are no forms on the page when it gets loaded. I’ve also tried to use this function at the ajax call, but this doesn’t work either.

Are there any solutions to this?

Thanks in advance!
    Tim

• I’ve tried to do some digging around in the code. Without setting up a ajax loading acf form myself I can’t really find a solution.

I believe that inserting a WYSIWYG field causes ACF to enqueue scripts that load into the footer of the page that format the field and since you’re loading the form by ajax these scripts are missing.

Look at the footer script on a page with a form loaded normally and on a page with a form loaded by AJAX and see if there is a difference. If there is then you’ll need to figure out how to load the scripts that are missing.

Not sure if this will help but I found it after writing the above. Have you looked at this http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf_form/#AJAX

• Hi John,

Thanks for your help so far.
    You’re right, it doesn’t load any of the acf files when there isn’t an acf-form at the beginning.
    Do you have any idea if there is function which can be called to only load those files?
    So what I mean asking is if there is a way to get all the files loaded, even if there isn’t an acf-form.

Thanks a lot!

Tim

• To be honest, no. I found this, it was posted a year ago, but there’s nothing specific to wysiwyg editors.

In the file /fields/wysiwyg.php there are two methods in the class get_toolbars and input_admin_footer_js that I think are responsible for the code that needed, although I could be wrong. If all else fails you could try to replicate what those function are doing. Don’t know if it will work but it might be worth a try.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘wysiwyg front-end form doesn't work with Ajax call’ is closed to new replies.