Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) WYSIWYG editors – some fields missing toolbar

Solving

WYSIWYG editors – some fields missing toolbar

• Hi,

Great plugin. I’d be lost without it!
    Just one issue that I’m struggling with. I have a field group with 6 WYSIWYG editors, each with the basic toolbar.
    When I edit a post, only the first 3 have the toolbar. I tried reordering the fields and managed to get 4 out of 6 fields showing the toolbar.

Is there a limit to how many WYSIWYG editors I can use that might be causing the issue?

• Hi @iltdevunit

There is no limit. Can you please check your console log for any JS errors?

Thanks
    E

• Thanks for getting back to me. Looking at the console helped me find a solution.

A couple of the field name had a question mark or forward slash in them. It seems these are illegal characters. The problem is my users will enter the field label which often contain a question mark. the field name is populated automatically but doesn’t strip out those illegal characters, leading to the JS error.

• Hi @iltdevunit

Thanks for the follow up. I’ll keep this in mind or future updates.

Thanks
    E

• Hi @iltdevunit

Thanks again. I have just pushed an update to github which will remove any ? from a field name.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘WYSIWYG editors – some fields missing toolbar’ is closed to new replies.