Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Wysiwyg editor not showing html button

Solving

Wysiwyg editor not showing html button

• I am facing a weird issue.

I have a field with type wysiwyg editor. At the beginning the html button/icon was missing.I couldn’t see the html button from a page which is a custom post type

The url is edit-tags.php?action=edit&taxonomy=product_cat&tag_ID=18&post_type=primo_product

But surprisingly I could see the html button here

edit-tags.php?taxonomy=product_cat&post_type=primo_product (Which is a category addition page)

Then I installed tinymce advanced plugin to make it more better than before. Now same again the tables and tool buttons are missing from the category edit page but not from category addition page. I have attached the screenshot so that you can understand.

With tool/tables buttons screenshot

Without tables/tool buttons screenshot

My wp version is 4.2.2. Is it something like overriding issue? Before installing tinymce advanced button the html icon ie <> was missing from edit page but was in category addition page.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Hi @raj

WordPress 4.2.2 doesn’t have a HTML icon per default (I think it disappeared some time ago). Instead most people use the text tab to the right.

Is that what you’re referring to? Being able to see and edit the content of the editor as raw HTML?

• Hi Jon,

Yes that’s what I am trying to display a text tab or html button where I can see the source code.

I think acf doesn’t use text tab for WYSIWYG editor.

Thanks,
    Raj

• Hi,

Okay. ACF gives you the choice of which tabs to show when creating the wysiwyg field. If you check your wysiwyg field in the field group make sure you have “Tabs” set to “Visual & text”. Then you should see the tabs unless your custom tinyMCE plugin conflicts with this.

I just tested it myself and it works 🙂

• Hello, thanks again for this great plugin.
    I appear to have the same problem as described. When setting up a WYSIWYG field, I would like to have the text (html) view tab available to the user. I’ve used ACF for many websites in the past years, but have never seen a tab option like the one you mention above (Visual & Text). When I select WYSIWYG as the filed type, I see the option to have a full/basic toolbar as well as the option to show/hid the media button. But I don’t see an option to show/hide the text tab that is normally available in the wordpress text field. Am I missing something?
    Thanks for your help.

• Hi Supporter,

We are facing a problem in my websites. Actually problem is , i am using wysiwyg editor in my website but wysiwyg editor not showing toolbar icon & after some google research it gives result like something problem with themes js or some other plugin js but after my checking by console & i found my websites doesn’t have any JS Or CSS error, although wysiwyg editor doesn’t show toolbar icon on my wp admin. but i notice it give a error on console like “JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1” but i not sure. why wysiwyg editor not showing toolbar icon in my wp admin pages & post. Please do the needful for me, Please help to resolved this issue. This i very urgent for me. if you need my wordress websites admin credentials then let me know then i can provide you.

Thanks Supporter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wysiwyg editor not showing html button’ is closed to new replies.