Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues WYSIWYG Editor appears as a text area IE11

Solved

WYSIWYG Editor appears as a text area IE11

• I can not show the WYSIWYG Editor the only plugin I’m using is the ACF. I have wordpress 4.8 and in IE11, in others browser works fine, but the client want to use IE11.
    I did:

• I clearing my browser’s cache and cookies.
    • I change the permalinks to “plain” or another, save changes, then try back to my original settings.
    • Activating and deactivating the visual editor option (Disable the visual editor when writing).
    • Add in wp-config.php -> “define(‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false);”.
    • Changing my theme.
    • Changing my nickname.
    • Creating a new username.

someone can help me.

• What version of ACF are you using?

• My version of ACF is Version 4.4.11

• I just did a test on a site using 4.4.11 and IE11 and it seems to be working for me.

Try deactivating other plugins and/or switching themes to see if you can clear up the problem. More than likely there is some JavaScript error in IE that is causing the editor to not display correctly.

• If I also show myself on some computers and not others, I will already look at the JavaScript and compare the configuration of the browsers. Thanks for all.

• I am having the same issue with ACF 4.4.11 and IE 11. WYSIWYG editor’s toolbar buttons are not showing. The text inside the editor field is white and therefore appears blank.
    Looks like TinyMCE jsut doesn’t load. There is no JS errors on the page. I tried everything that CrisCreixell mentioned. I have also tried to deactivate all the plugins and switch to a default theme. No luck. The problem started after updating WordPress Core from 4.7.2 to 4.8 (4.8.1 – same story). Everything works fine in Chrome

Please advice.

Thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘WYSIWYG Editor appears as a text area IE11’ is closed to new replies.