Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests WPML support?

Solved

WPML support?

• Hello!

I’ve tried getting AFC and WPML to play nice but I’m running in to one simple yet annoying issue.
    When I set:
    Show this field group if…Page…Is equal to..(page x)
    It only shows on the default language version of the page.

I tried asking for support in the WPML support forums but they said it’s not possible at the moment and recommended Types ( http://wp-types.com/home/types-manage-post-types-taxonomy-and-custom-fields/

I really would like to just use AFC.

I solved similar problem with categories with some code:

if( defined('ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE') )
    {
        $rule['value'] = icl_object_id($rule['value'], 'category');
    }

Is there a similar solution for pages?

Thank you!

• Hi @ketri

Perhaps you will need to translate the field group and then in the new language version, select the relevant page?

Thanks
    E

• Hi elliot,

First of all, I believe your plugin is great. It really helps me a lot developing my themes.

Unfortunately, when I have to use more than one language I use WPML plugin and sometimes there are some conficts between your plugin and WPML.

In these cases, I use Types plugin, that is fully compatible with WPML, but in my opinion, it isn´t as good as your plugin.

My request it is to make ACF fully compatible with WPML, although I understand it might be diifficult or it might take hard work.

Thanks for your plugin,
    Victor

• Hi @vicdilu

ACF v5 will attempt to be fully compatible with WPML!

Thanks
    E

• ACF v5 will attempt to be fully compatible with WPML!

This is amazing news! As far I understand the guys at WPML are also interested in collaborating to make them work together also.

Totally agree with Victor, you’re plugin is the best and it’d be awesome to see it working fully with WPML.

Thank you very much.

• @Ketri: i managed to work around this issue by creating page template for each page. I know it’s not as clean as you would like, but it may work 🙂

Also, if you use options addon, you could try the solution i described here: http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/wpml-and-acf-options/

Again, it’s not the most ideal thing, but… it works.

• ACF v5 will attempt to be fully compatible with WPML!

Unfortunately 5.0.0 is not (yet).

Bought ACF 5 PRO today (as free uograde with repeater for 4.x) and installed on a website with WPML 3.1.6 (latest version).

Added a fieldgroup with a simple text-field in main language, group shows up as expected on an existing page, but not on translated page.

No problem so far, had to add a translation to fieldgroup itself first. Now it showed up fine on translated page.

Went back to main language page, wow, fieldgroup is shown twice(!) there now.

Thought, ok, let’s go back to start, put translated fieldgroup in trash, put main language fieldgroup in trash, empty trash.

No more fieldgroups are shown on ACF page.

But, if I edit the existing main language page again, the two fieldgroups are still there!

I dig into it and find that acf_get_field_groups() in admin_head still returns data if called on edit page.

No idea where the comes from. There are no posts with type acf-field-group in wp_posts table. I also disabled the wp_cache lines within acf_get_field_groups(), still the same.

As soon as I disable WPML or ACF PRO the fields are gone.

Any idea?

• Would love to hear about any updates to this as well.
    Thanks!

• Found by accident where the ‘deleted’ data comes from, a folder acf-json was created within my child-theme folder (why would a plugin put data there?!) which contains a folder for each language and the main language folder contains a lot of .json files with all the deleted fieldgroups.

This should be fixed.

• Would love better WPML support (compatibility)!

• Me to!

Last night i dreamed that ACF Pro and WPML were fully compatible.

In my dream i just created some fields, connected them to my home page and when I visited the translated version of the page the fields were there.

With shaking hands I filled out the fields and submitted the page.

My fingers trembled as I clicked the “visit page” link and my heart was filled with utter and complete joy when I saw that the data showed up on the front end.

Oh what a beautiful dream it was.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WPML support?’ is closed to new replies.