I’m using WPML, Advanced Custom Fields and Repeater Fields and while I can get all other content to translate correctly, the Repeater Fields do not.
So, I can translate all content including all custom fields that exist in the repeater but when it then shows up in the translated post the repeater is blank i.e. I have to create a new row and then manually add the translated content from the custom field into the relevant repeater field.
Just wondering if this was an old issue that no longer exists as my versions of WPML and ACF are slightly out of date. I will update if need be but wanted to check first. I’m using…
Advanced Custom Fields 4.1.1
WPML Translation Management 1.5
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Have you selected the option to translate the data independently?
If so, none of the custom field data will be duplicated to the translation including the repeater field.
Could this be the issue?
If so, this is not really a bug, just a limitation of WPML + ACF
Hi Elliot, I think I’ve figured out what was happening.
Although in WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup I had checked the radio buttons for each sub field within the Repeater to “Translate” I had not checked anything for the actual Repeater field itself. For that I checked the “Copy from original to translation”.
This appears, at first play, to have resolved the issue. I shall report back in the next few days or so to make sure this is all working.
The topic ‘WPML and Repeater Fields’ is closed to new replies.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
© 2022 Advanced Custom Fields.