Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues WP comment form submit disabled

Solving

WP comment form submit disabled

• Howdy

Via the ACF form rules I’m telling ACF to show two text inputs on the standard WordPress comment form.

Upon testing the form, the submit button doesn’t work. There’s no visual feedback. When I inspect the element, it seems WordPress is adding on several classes to disable the submit button.

If I remove the ACF fields from the comment form, everything works fine.

Can anyone tell me what I’m missing?

Thanks!

• I just tested this and I’m not seeing an issue on a test site.

More than likely what you’re seeing is caused by a conflict with either another plugin or something in your theme.

Have you tried deactivating other plugins? Changing themes?

Are there any JavaScript errors? If there are, these can sometimes give you some idea of where the conflict might be.

• Hey John, thanks for getting back to me and validating this should be working on some level.

I figured it was a plugin issue also and deactivated them all to no avail. (Side note, “Did you disable your plugins?” is the new “Have you tried restarting the machine?” 🙂

I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the best with JavaScript. I disabled all custom JavaScript tied to the form. However I’m not seeing any errors in the console with the scripts on or off anyways.

I’ll try changing the themes, but this is a pretty vanilla custom theme I’m working with.

Finally, I’ll record a screencast later tonight to hopefully shed some light on this.

• My test was on a site using just ACF and an unmodified 2016 theme.

Yes, basically the your right, it’s the new “first restart your computer.” I hate to say it, but you never know. To be honest, it’s not the first thing I generally do because I can’t on a live site. What I do is a bit more complicated. I have test sites and I start off with the basics I need and then install the theme and start installing and activating plugins to mimic the problem site until I get the same issue. (It gets really frustrating when you have everything the same and you don’t see the problem on one site but do see it on another.)

I don’t know how JS errors are given in other browsers. I use FF with several development extensions and when there’s a JS error there’s a red X at the top of my browser that lights up and I click that and it opens up console.

Some times an error can cause many scripts of the page to simply not function at all, other times errors don’t stop other script from running. It all depends on where and when the error happens.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘WP comment form submit disabled’ is closed to new replies.