Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) wordpress times out when adding images into fields, all progress lost

Solved

wordpress times out when adding images into fields, all progress lost

• It is a bit difficult to explain and i was unable to track the root of the error down so far but basically i run into the following screen when i try to fill image fields in a custom post type

Error Screen

The facts behind. I am building a custom theme locally at the moment. i am using mamp 2.2 the regular version, WordPress 3.8.1., ACF 4.3.4 and the repeater field 1.1.1 . i’ve created a custom post type with custom post type ui for projects and link a acf with it. within the post type, aside the title, i have three single image fields, a text area, a repeater field containing only text fields and one repeater field containing image fields.

if i try to add images sooner or later the shown screen appears. it helped if i entered the three single images first and hit publish and then fill up the repeater field with the rest of the images. But even there the error screen appeared sometimes.
    It made no difference if i first create all necessary rows and then add the images one after another or if i do it step by step (add row add image add row add image etc.). Looks like a timing issue on the wordpress side?

oh and by the way. the images were added beforehand into the media center and then chosen from it.

i’ve also checked the mamp php log, no relating entries. strange overall :/

if you need more informations let me know. best regards ralf

• ok i figured it out and solved it. it wasn’t a wordpress nor a wordpress plugin issue. was a server issue on my side i couldn’t have thought of. sorry.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘wordpress times out when adding images into fields, all progress lost’ is closed to new replies.