Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) WooCommerce Memberships: post_type is equal to "User Membership" not working

Solved

WooCommerce Memberships: post_type is equal to "User Membership" not working

• Hi,

I have submitted a ticket with additional details and WordPress login credentials for one of the websites. But I thought I would post here as well to see if anyone else is having the issue.

For many years I have used ACF and WooCommerce together, plus the “WooCommerce Memberships” extension.

I have a field group setup with some pretty basic custom fields. I assign this field group to the location: custom post type is equal to “User Memberships”.

This has worked well for a very long time. Now the custom fields have disappeared from the post edit screen. I can change the location to a different post type and they appear. But for whatever reason they are not appearing on the custom post type “User Memberships” (as created by WooCommerce + WooCommerce Memberships extension).

Any ideas? How can I troubleshoot? The issue has occurred across several websites.

• I’ve also experienced this issue and have had to roll-back the ACF Pro plugin to 5.7.6 to rectify it. Any newer version causes the custom fields to disappear on memberships.

• Yes I’ve got 2 websites currently staying on 5.7.6 until the issue is resolved. I’ve got an open ticket with Elliott, who has said he will be able to take a look when he returns from holidays.

It’s not urgent at this stage, I don’t have any urgent need to upgrade those 2 websites at the moment.

• WooCommerce Memberships is to blame for this. They have a function that removes ALL metaboxes from any other plugins.

The issue only arose recently because ACF used to force metaboxes to appear, but now is more compliant with best practices.

To fix this problem, SkyVerge (WooCommerce Memberships developers) have provided the following code snippet: https://github.com/skyverge/wc-plugins-snippets/blob/master/woocommerce-memberships/admin/acf-compat-add-field-groups.php

It can be put in your functions.php file or implemented using a free plugin called “Code Snippets”. The function basically allows ACF metabozes/field groups to appear on WooCommerce Membership related post types (e.g. single user memberships and/or membership plans).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘WooCommerce Memberships: post_type is equal to "User Membership" not working’ is closed to new replies.