Support

Account

Home Forums Feedback Why weren't prefix and suffix for all fields ? Or how to have a live translation

Solved

Why weren't prefix and suffix for all fields ? Or how to have a live translation

• Yes that’s it.
    I tend to print a translation of all fields. So having 2 languages in the same page.
    I thought I could use suffix to register the translation but prefix and suffix don’t exist for all fields !!
    Is there another way to achieve that ?
    Thanks for any help

• Hi @vguenichon

It is not very clear from your email what you are trying to achieve. You should be able to add a prefix/suffix to any field value using some PHP and the use of the concatenation operator on your template.

On which field type would you like to add a suffix/ prefix to?

• I have to provide an english translation of every label of every fields.
    I thought working with suffix (or prefix) was a good shortcut.
    So I need it on every field type (and especially on message and radio button).

• Hi @vguenichon

As a workaround, I would recommend that you assign and additional message field above all your fields in the backend so that this field can contain the translated text. As for the frontend, you can make use of an additional text field containing the translated text to serve as the translation.

I hope this helps!

• I got so many fields and they’re displayed in a table so it will be very hard to use that workaround. Thanks anyway !

• Well I think I’ll use value for messages and description for radio buttons.
    Because it’s all the types I use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Why weren't prefix and suffix for all fields ? Or how to have a live translation’ is closed to new replies.