Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Which rules should I set for a reusable Field Group (using as a Clone field)

Solved

Which rules should I set for a reusable Field Group (using as a Clone field)

• I have a field group that I include in other field groups as a Clone field. For example, one of my field groups is called “Page Banner”. In every field group I want a page banner, I include the “Page Banner” field group as a Clone field.

My question is, in the “Page Banner” field group’s Rules, what can I set the Rules to so that it doesn’t appear on any page? (Unless I add it as a Clone field of course.) The default rule is “Show this field group if <Post Type> <is equal to> <Post>”. But I don’t want this group appearing on every “post” post type. So what can I set the rules to so that it doesn’t appear anywhere, unless I “embed” it as a Clone field?

• There aren’t any location rules that you can set so that it will not appear. If it is only used as to clone you can set the group to inactive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.