Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Solved: Where to get v5 free?

Solved

Solved: Where to get v5 free?

• I realized that on my website I need to limit files upload to a set of extensions. According to the documentation v5 supports this functionality. I am a happy user of 4.4.11 available through the wordpress plugins directory. I would like to update to v5, however I am struggling to find the source for that.

Documentation on this webpage states:
    https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/upgrading-v4-v5/

“How to update:
    ACF5 is available in both a free and pro version. If your website is using any of the 4 premium add-ons, please follow the update instructions for the pro version.”

So I understand there is a free v5, which should be sufficient for my purpose, but I am unable to find it. Can you please help me?

UPDATE: I found the meassage “ACF version 5 is currently available in ACF PRO“. Can you please make te information accross your website consistent? It gives the impression v5 free is available.

• It’s probably explained wrong. ACF5 Pro is available for free for anyone that has purchased any of the premium addons in the past. To suggest that the wording be changed to make it more clear your best bet is to submit a new support ticket https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/

The developer is hard at work getting a free version of ACF5 released… and while I’m not going to tell you where, because I don’t like to promote such things, if you look hard enough you can find ACF5 Pro out in the wild to be downloaded. Seriously though, the reason I do not promote such things is that ACF Pro is likely the cheapest and best deal for any premium plugin in existence.

• Thank you John. I what you are talking about, but I don’t want to use it unless I really buy it. I resolved the task using a free 3rd party add-on with a few lines of own code 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Solved: Where to get v5 free?’ is closed to new replies.