Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues When installing ACF there is no "custom fields"

Solved

When installing ACF there is no "custom fields"

• When installing ACF the “custom fields” does not appear in the side menu of the wordpress panel, I am installing on a theme that apparently was created using the plugin, on other themes it works normally, what can I do to work?

• If the theme includes ACF, which I assume it does if they used ACF fields then more than likely the theme developer has coded the theme to hide the ACF admin.

• I removed this code from the theme’s functions.php, now the side menu appears, but there is no registered group or field, what should I do?

// (Optional) Hide the ACF admin menu item.

add_filter('acf/settings/show_admin', 'my_acf_settings_show_admin');

function my_acf_settings_show_admin( $show_admin ) {

return false;

}

require_once get_template_directory() . '/inc/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php';

add_action( 'tgmpa_register', 'agencyslick_register_required_plugins' );

add_filter('acf/format_value/type=text', 'do_shortcode');
  • Any existing field groups in the theme are either registered through PHP or they are in JSON files. If you ever plan to update the theme then I would highly recommend that you do not edit any of the theme’s files and instead create a child theme and then create new field groups to hold any additional fields that you want to create.

For the admin you can simple add this to the child themes functions.php file in order to have the admin show without editing the theme files.

add_filter('acf/settings/show_admin', 'my_new_acf_settings_show_admin', 20);
    function my_new_acf_settings_show_admin($show_admin) {
      return true;
    }

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.