I have a very simple custom plugin. In my plugin’s init function I have the line $asdfasdfasdf = get_field( 'sub_industry', $post_id ); The init function is called on every page load. (it’s just here for testing purposes). The sub_industry field is a Taxonomy field and it has Load Terms and Save Terms checked. The $asdfasdfasdf variable contains the correct data.
The problem is when I’m editing a post that uses the sub_industry field, it won’t load the checked/unchecked terms for that post. If I remove the line $asdfasdfasdf = get_field( 'sub_industry', $post_id ); from my plugin then the terms show up fine on the post. Also if I set the sub_industry field to NOT save/load terms, then it displays the checked/unchecked terms.
It’s a very weird problem and I have no idea why just calling the get_field function would have any affect on which terms are loaded for a post.
Nevermind, I figured it out. The problem was that the plugin’s init function was being run earlier than the init function that registered the taxonomies. Giving my plugin’s init action a later priority got everything working correctly.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users