Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Warn on saving fields with same name

Solving

Warn on saving fields with same name

• I would like to suggest a warning or prevention mechanism for field groups when saving if two fields have the same field name.

I recently had a large scale project with many field groups in which a new field was created with the same name as a previously created field in that field group. The addition of a new field with the same name caused us to lose all of the data from the existing field, which was a repeater field that held a lot of data that was time consuming to input

A little warning/notice or flat out preventing the field group from saving (similar to saving a post without filling in a required field) would have been a huge help in our case. Even with just a warning, we could have changed the new field’s name prior to saving the posts and losing data.

• You’d need to make this suggestion to the developer here https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/contact/

• Thanks! I’ve submitted it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.