Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Values suddenly disappeared from the Relationship Field

Solving

Values suddenly disappeared from the Relationship Field

• Dear ACF support community,

First , I must say that I really like this plugin,
    It’s an amazing tool that saves tons of work.

I have 2 custom post types which are: Articles & Authors.
    I’ve added a Relationship-type field to Articles, so when I add a new article I need to choose the authors of that article.

This site is not live yet (development mode) and we’re just adding content now.

Two days ago , my colleague said that some of the articles which had two authors now have only one author, and in some articles that authors “switched” with authors which are not related to the articles.

(Because I can see the related authors in the wp-admin , there’s no code involved that can cause that problem)

EDIT

ACF version 4.1.2

Field Details
    label: Authors
    name: authors
    Type: Relationship
    Required: no
    Post Type: team
    Filter From Tax: All
    Filters: Search
    Elements: Post Title , Post Type
    Conditional logic: no

Has someone ever came across to a situation like this?
    Can someone give me a direction in order to locate the problem?

If there’s a need in more details , I’ll be glad to share them with you.
    Thanks.

• Hi @ofir

Thanks for the info. I haven’t come across an issue like this before and as a fundamental of the web world, data can’t magically disappear.

It is most likely that the article has been edited and saved adn maybe an error on the page prevented the correct data from being posted?

Maybe even the server hit a memory limit during the save? But it doesn’t sound like that would be the issue here.

Hopefully this doesn’t come up again, but ACF only touches the database on the save_post action, no other time.

Sorry I can’ tbe of much other help here.

• Just had a thought. Does your post type have revisions?
    If so, you can just roll back and see when the relationship data changed!

• I don’t have revisions for this post type.
    I will try and look for clues about this issue and will update you soon as I find something.

Thanks,
    Ofir.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Values suddenly disappeared from the Relationship Field’ is closed to new replies.