Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Values of ACF fields not showing in frontend

Solving

Values of ACF fields not showing in frontend

• Hello,

this is a problem more understandable logging in the website but i’ll try to explain it here.

I have a website where I’m trying to build a database for models and actors profiles, all profile are posts with ACF boxes in the backend.

I had an older version of the database (where I used the free version of ACF), I exported the posts and uploaded them in the new one.

I’m using Ajax Search Pro in combination, in the new one. In the old one I had Facet WP

I have these problems:

1. If I open an old profile it doesn’t show me the correct variables in the boxes. it’s like they are blank now. If I use a shortcode to get a value from a field it gives me back the right value (FRONTEND) but If I go in the backend all the boxes of ACF are blank or with the placeholder word.

2. I’m using Custom Content Shortcode, If I use the shortcode to get a value of a field in one of the old profiles (old database) the value shows up in the frontend without a problem.
    If I create a new post and try to do the same, the value doesn’t appear.

I hope my english is not too bad.

And I don’t understand in which part of the support I am now, I opened a ticket from my account but no one answered, maybe too soon.

Eventually I would be interested in estimating a quote for this job.

thanks in advance,

David

• I think that the problem stems from the old data using ACF4 and you are trying to use ACF5 without going through the upgrade process. In order to switch from 4 to 5 a DB upgrade is required, so you’ll need to update on the site before trying to use the data. See this document https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/upgrade-guide-version-5/

• Hi,

I did the upgrade but it didn’t solved the problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Values of ACF fields not showing in frontend’ is closed to new replies.