Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Validation failed error on options page

Solving

Validation failed error on options page

• After the last update when I try to save options on an options page I get a validation failed error. I think the problem is conditional form elements. I have a drop down and depending on what you choose one or two of 5 different fields appears. If I select one that provides one field fill in that field and try to save I get “Validation failed. 4 required fields below are empty”. There are only two total fields on the page and both are filled in. But there are 4 unused and hidden by conditional logic fields so that has to be what’s causing the error.

I’ve been using this exact setup for quite some time so I suspect it’s a bug in the last version of ACF PRO.

• We also are experiencing this issue after the last update (v5.1.9.1.) Our setup:

3 fields

Field 1. Radio button field set to required with two choices (A,B)

Field 2. Text button field set to required with a conditional to show if radio button choice (field 1) = A

Field 3. Text button field set to required with a conditional to show if radio button choice (field 1) = B

Before the last update, this worked fine. If field 1 was set to A, field 2 would show and field 3’s required option was ignored. With the new update, both field 2 and field 3’s required option seems to be checked regardless of what field 1 is set to (e.g., if field 1 = A, only field 2 is shown but field 3’s required validation is also run.)

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Having the same issue. Version 5.1.9.1.

I can confirm that it’s related to conditionally hidden form fields, as setting the “Required” option to false allows the submission to proceed.

The example screenshot shows a field titled “Network Name” that is shown when “Network” has the value of “Other Network”.

• Hi @danielb, @rg-cpbn and @manifestphil,

This issue was fixed on the v 5.2.1 update and I believe it is no longer a concern when using validation with conditional logic on Option pages.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Validation failed error on options page’ is closed to new replies.