Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Validate email domain

Solving

Validate email domain

• I have a front end form to create a post, but I want to validate the email field to be a specific domain. This might be a php matter, but I want to try a find a solution here, since maybe someone has already tried this.

I am trying this hook to validate a field, but it is not preventing to send the form without the domain:

function my_acf_validate_mail( $valid, $value, $field, $input_name ) {

// Bail early if value is already invalid.
        if( $valid !== true ) {
            return $valid;
        }

if( is_string($value) && strpos($value, '@domain.com') == false ) {
            return __( 'Please enter a valid email address.', 'textdomain' );
        }
        return $valid;
    }
    add_filter('acf/validate_value/name=pf_corrreo', 'my_acf_validate_mail', 10, 4);
  • The only thing I see in your code that might be an issue is that you should have === false as == will match 0, but this would only happen if they entered @domain.com without an address.

if( is_string($value) && strpos($value, '@domain.com') === false ) {

What type of field is this? I’m assuming it’s a text field, what I mean is, is it a sub field of another field like a group field? If it is try using the field key instead of the field name.

• Thank you, in that case I’ll digg a little more on how to validate only the domain part of the email.

By the way it is an email field I am using.

• are you working with a sub field? Is this field a sub field of a group or repeater? Flex field?

• It is not a subfield, just an email field.
    I want the user to submit their email.

The reason is this form is for logged out users, so I would like to restrict email domain, so only people in my organization can submit the form (@example.ac.cr).

Another possibility I am evaluating is to validate through LADP, so I can check if email exists in the database.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.