Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Using radio button to hide fields in Admin

Solved

Using radio button to hide fields in Admin

• I have a repeater in a custom ACF block, which in basic terms shows an image and some text. Here are the fields:

$img = get_sub_field('image');
    $bordered = get_sub_field('border_radius');
    $header = get_sub_field('header');
    $text = get_sub_field('text');
    $layout = get_sub_field('layout'); // radio button with 3 options
    $highlight_background = get_sub_field('highlight_background');

I have a ‘layout’ field that has some radio buttons to determine the layout of these fields i.e. text left / img right, text right / img left or no image / just text.

If I select the no image radio button, I want to toggle any fields associated with the image ($img, $bordered, $highlight_background) – disappear for that particular row of the repeater to be left with just $header, $text, $layout. And then when selecting either of the other options (associated with the image), the fields reappear.

I’ve no idea if this is feasible/possible in ACF. Please tell me otherwise!

• Been using ACF for around 6 months and never even knew this. What an amazing feature I’ve totally been missing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.