Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field using get_template_part() for repeaterfield of relation within flexible content

Unread

using get_template_part() for repeaterfield of relation within flexible content

• I’ve got seperate templatefiles for my teasers, eg. teaser_small, teaser_medium… with – just in a short – code like this:

<article>
    	<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>">
    	  <?php get_template_part('templates/entry-teaserimage'); ?>
    	  <h3><?php get_template_part('templates/entry-meta'); ?></h3>
    	  <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
    	</a>
      </article>

On the homepage i wanted to make a special layout, with differnt groups of teasers, selectable by the autor. So i set up a flexible contententfield with different layouts, each of them uses a repeaterfield with a relations to posttype post.

And within this relation-posttypefield, i tried to use my templatefile, which is used in other cases as well.

if ( get_row_layout() == 'modul_s' ) {
      $post_objects = get_sub_field('article');
      if( $post_objects ): ?>
        <div>
            <?php foreach( $post_objects as $post): 
    	    setup_postdata($post);
                get_template_part('templates/teaser-small', get_post_format()); 
    	    wp_reset_postdata(); 
            endforeach; ?>
        </div>
      <?php endif;
    }

what ends up in Notice: Trying to get property of non-object…

The other method with ‘get_permalink($postobject->ID)’ doesn’t work properly, because the IDs can’t be passed…

is there a way to optimise it, except dirty workarounds with selfwritten functions for all articlefields and including the template via

include(locate_template('templates/teaser-small.php'));

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘using get_template_part() for repeaterfield of relation within flexible content’ is closed to new replies.