Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Using front-end editor

Solving

Using front-end editor

• I have a few question about the front-end editor (which is very nice, by the way). Is it possible to include a preview button?
    Is it possible to wrap some of the elements with additional HTML?

Thanks

• Elliot

• September 9, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Hi @koolkatwebdesigns

preview button
    – This is not a builtin functionality of ACF so the simple answer is no. That said, it is always possible to create custom functionality. So you could create a submit button which uses a custom submit function. This function could create a new autosave and then redirect to a url with the preview ID. This would require a lot of logic and will not be easy.

additional HTML
    – Yes, please look over the docs for the acf_form function, you will see a before and after argument where you can add to the HTML

Cheers
    E

• Thanks for your answer. I realize that I did not put one part of my questions correctly…
    Can I wrap just some of the html elements in a div so that I would have a div as a container for some of the fields. Hope this makes sense

thanks again.

• Elliot

• September 10, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Hi @koolkatwebdesigns

Unfortunately, this is not possible with the PHP options available. You will have to use jQuery to wrap the selected elements.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.