Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Using ACF with the XML-RPC interface

Helping

Using ACF with the XML-RPC interface

• Hello, I’d like to insert posts using ACF fields from the xml-rpc interface. My problem is that I don’t seem to be able to insert the “field_key” values required for ACF to work properly. Specifically, I insert some values using the custom fields struct the xml-rpc api provides (e.g. [[(“key”, “foo”), (“value”, “bar”)]] ) but get_field does not properly return a post object (if the field value is a post object). I’m using this library to do the inserting: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/HaXR

I did read the documentation and I guess the field key value is required for this to work, but if I try and send those along in the custom fields struct they just get ignored and are not inserted into the wp_postmeta table along with the other custom fields.

So I’m able to insert the post “successfully”, but the field key fields aren’t getting inserted, so obviously when I try to use get_field or anything on the post, it doesn’t work properly. Is there any way to properly insert posts using the xml-rpc interface, or will I have to find a workaround, or stop using ACF?

• Elliot

• July 18, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Hi @wkerfoot

Thanks for the info.

This is a current limitation of the ACF plugin, and it may also be out of scope for the plugin itself…

Read up on the update_field function. It may reveal some more info about the reference field ans how you can save it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.