Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Using ACF to connect two custom post types and display custom taxonomies

Unread

Using ACF to connect two custom post types and display custom taxonomies

• Hello,

I’m attempting to build a Charts section (similar to the Billboard Hot 100) on my site, connecting a Charts custom post type with a Songs custom post type, both of which I’ve created. The Songs CPT contains cover artwork as well as custom taxonomies for the artist, song title, record label, etc. I’d like each chart post to display normal post text followed by a list of 100 songs, which would pull the aforementioned attributes for each song and display them below the post text. (Though this is probably not possible to do using ACF, I’d also like to display each song’s current position, change from last week, number of weeks on the chart, and peak on the chart.)

I’ve been looking at the Relationship field type in attempt to make this work using ACF, but am having trouble getting taxonomies for each individual song to show up. Can anyone offer any recommendations on if/how I can use ACF to display all the data I’m looking for?

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Using ACF to connect two custom post types and display custom taxonomies’ is closed to new replies.