Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues User-Generated Content & Front-End Submission

Solving

User-Generated Content & Front-End Submission

• Hi! I need help as a non-developer. I’m not entirely sure what the purpose of custom fields are but I think it may be at least part of the solution I need. Here’s what I’m trying to do:

1. Allow users to submit any kind of content – not just posts. They should be able to submit links, attachments including pdfs, excels, word docs, etc. I assume these are all “custom fields” and that’s what brought me to this site.
    2. They need to be required to associated any content they add to the site with a TAG and/or category
    3. I need to be able to organize and display this dynamic data on pages perhaps built with short codes? organized by tags, categories, and post-types

I think this plugin can help but not exactly sure how to go about it. I see if I add a custom field it gets added to the posting area on the backend. But how do I get the user access to it on the front-end? I have a front-end publishing plugin but it doesn’t seem to intuitively or easily connect with what’s going on with the custom fields here.

Any help is much appreciated!

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • update: I think I almost figured out how to do this…

in advanced custom fields under “field_name” I put something which I thought would be unique because I’m guessing this is the meta key? So I put in a text field called “link_post”. Then in my front end publishing ap, I’m able to add fields by adding the meta key – I put in link_post and it seems to have worked. On the front-end form, I put in a link and then it showed up in the backend!!

HOWEVER on the blog posting only the regular content showed. This additional field I made with advanced custom fields did not show in the blog article. Also… how would I organized and “call” all links with a certain tag to appear on a certain page?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘User-Generated Content & Front-End Submission’ is closed to new replies.