Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues User field – Filter and show only same role users

Solving

User field – Filter and show only same role users

• Hi!
    I have a front-end form with a user field for team leaders to select which of their team members (“asistentes”) have attended a meeting. Each team has a different user role assigned (“Albacete”, “Berja”).

What I need is that the field only shows the members that have the same role as the team leader that is filling in the form.

Any idea how could I achieve this?
    Thanks in advance!

• There is an undocumented filter for the user field, most of the user field is not documented.

Anyway, there is a filter that you can use to alter the results for the user field, here is where it’s called in the user field code

$args = apply_filters("acf/fields/user/query",							$args, $field, $options['post_id']);
    		$args = apply_filters("acf/fields/user/query/name={$field['_name']}",	$args, $field, $options['post_id']);
    		$args = apply_filters("acf/fields/user/query/key={$field['key']}",		$args, $field, $options['post_id']);

$args is the same as the arguments used in the WP function get_users(), https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_users/

In your filter you would get the current user roles and then alter the arguments to include only other users with the same role, I think with the “role__in” argument, but I’m not sure.

Sorry I cannot be more specific, but I only know that the filter exists, I’ve never used it.

• Hi John,
    thanks for your help.
    I’ll try to solve it using your guidelines and I’ll post the solution here if I get to it.

Regards

• Hey,
    Has there been any progress made on this filtering? I have a very similar request.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘User field – Filter and show only same role users’ is closed to new replies.