Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Use url parameters to sort results of relational field query

Unread

Use url parameters to sort results of relational field query

• Background:
    The goal is to use query parameters to filter results of a relationship field by a custom taxonomy using a select dropdown, which is populated with that custom taxonomy from the posts that have been selected from the relationship field.

Problem:

I have a relational field that comprising of posts from a Product custom post type. On the page where these results are displayed, I have a dropdown selection that pulls the custom taxonomy, named product-tag, from these Products and that populates the dropdown selections. The user selects the product tag from the dropdown and I want to filter the results by a query parameter, like this: website.com/?product-tag=tagName. I’ve tried a variety of approaches, building off of this tutorial https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/creating-wp-archive-custom-field-filter/. But the difference here is I’m not filtering posts from the main query, but instead from a custom field relationship query – and I can’t seem to get that to work.

Appreciate any direction. Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.