Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Use product category for ACF conditions

Solving

Use product category for ACF conditions

• Hello.
    I’m setting my ACF group conditions, and, for now, i have only one condition “if post type is equals to product”.
    But i would like to have some groups on specific product categories.
    The problem is that if i select “post category” in my conditions, i have blog-categories only.
    How can i achieve to unlock product categories?
    Thank you in advance.

• You need to build a custom location rule for WC product categories. https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/custom-location-rules/

• Hello, and thank you for the reply.
    I’ve read your docs. But i still don’t understand how to proceed.

I basically need to add 3 options on the ‘type’ section, that are 3 product categories where i want there will be displayed only some ACF Groups.

For now, i’ve done something like that:

add_filter('acf/location/rule_values/post_category', 'acf_location_rules_values_user');

function acf_location_rules_values_user( $choices ) {

$my_filter_list = [0 => 'Books', 1 => 'Ebooks', 19091 => 'Reader'];

return $my_filter_list;
    }

Before my array was 0,1,2. But i noticed that, even if i have the setting displayed on my backoffice, it’s totally not working. So i tried to change the ‘2’ with the product category ID. But is always not working.

What am i doing wrong? I maybe need to first put every category in the array?
    Thank you in advance.
    – Kryuko

• Hello.
    Is there maybe a better way to do this with ACF PRO?
    Thank you in advance.
    – Kryuko

• Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It takes more than just one filter to build a custom location rule and you can just tack your taxonomies onto the post category rule.

Building a complete set of location rule filters, with the exception of “Rule Operators” is the only way to do this in ACF.

I have several examples of custom location rules, but none of them are for this specific purpose, but can be used as a reference. https://github.com/Hube2/acf-filters-and-functions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Use product category for ACF conditions’ is closed to new replies.