Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Use acf/load_field to dynamically load child items from other field

Solved

Use acf/load_field to dynamically load child items from other field

• I have a repeater field which has two fields, one for a custom post type (people) then the other I want to pre-populate the field with the child posts for the post already selected.

I have looked at “Dynamically populate a select field’s choices” tutorial and this I cannot figure out how to use data selected from a field on the page within the item.

I’m going to have to use jQuery to update the object but not sure where to start.

• You can start by taking a look at some of my examples for dynamically setting fields using jQuery and AJAX here https://github.com/Hube2/contact-form-7-dynamic-select-extension. I don’t have an example that does specifically what you’re looking to do, unless you want to use something like select fields for both fields. The basics will be the same, the differences are all due to different things being needed for each type of field.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Use acf/load_field to dynamically load child items from other field’ is closed to new replies.