I’m trying to switch to ACF Pro on one of my websites, I created a ‘test’ version of the site to do this in (and I’m glad I did!) but the “Upgrading data to version 5.0.0” screen just hangs forever.
When I close that and take a look at the Custom Fields, it only did a few.
If I try to start it again, the same problem happens and I end up with duplicates.
What can I do? This is preventing me from upgrading.
Hi, I’ve got similar troubles, but it seems I’m running into ‘max_execution_time’-error.
As I’m hard pressed to get the value changed on that server, I’d like to know, if there is any chance to do this update ‘bit by bit’ or something like that.
And I’d like to suggest that the update script should at least show some (meaningless) error-message if the returned ajax isn’t what it should be – an endlessly spinning gif is not really helpful.
Edit: I managed to get the max_execution_time temporarily raised to 10min and that worked. But I had a lot of of doubled field-groups (quintupled actually) from the earlier tries. And I even had doubled fields in some of them. After deleting those everything seems to work fine, but still that wasn’t a very pleasant experience.
To be fair, I do love ACF and it still is a great plugin, but somehow this upgrading process should be optimized.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
© 2022 Advanced Custom Fields.