Latest update (4.1.8) breaks. Had to uninstall ACF and then reinstall it.
Swedish WP + repeater field.
Sorry, of course!
What happened was I got an error while trying to update “update failed”
After that, ACF dissapeared from the menu.
When I looked in the structure via FTP the folder was empty.
I removed the folder and then reinstalled ACF -> and got it working.
It only happened once though. I’ve successfully updated two other installation. One with English language and one with Swedish.
The weird thing is that the error only occured on a pretty clean install. Only ACF and another plugin installed.
The others had a lot more stuff installed and they had no problem updating.
I’m having a similar issue, under 4.1.6 on our development server everything is working fine, however on 4.1.8 on our production server, we’re having issues with custom options on our page specific options.
I have the repeater plugin, and the options page plugin installed as well.
We’ve downgraded our production server to 4.1.6 and the issue is still occurring. Can someone tell me if there was a database change or something between 4.1.6 and 4.1.8, and also if simply replacing the plugin files with those of an older version would essentially ‘downgrade’ us fully – at least that would rule out if this is a plugin issue or something else with our theme.
My issue is resolved. At some point the “Show this field group if” page template was changed.. Could this have been a plugin upgrade issue? I highly doubt someone went in and changed that setting manually.
Updating it seems to have completely bricked my ability to use ACF. I get a 500 server error – plugins/advanced-custom-fields/js/input.php?ver=4.1.8
— not a very useful error.
Then 2 more errors immediately after that saying
ReferenceError: acf is not defined
acf.post_id = 211;
I deleted the plugin and reuploaded 4.1.6 and I still get the same error. Any ideas? On my local environment 4.1.6 works perfectly and I have not updated the plugin.
Let me know what other information I can provide to help
Sounds like you have a .htaccess file or server permissions issue that is preventing ACF from reading in the .php file as a .js file.
I have written an article about this very issue here:
Hope this gives you some insight
I’ll look into that.. curious that it would all of a sudden lose its permissions. 4.1.6 worked perfectly for me for months
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
© 2020 Advanced Custom Fields. Subscribe