Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Updating to 4.1.8 breaks ACF

Solved

Updating to 4.1.8 breaks ACF

• Latest update (4.1.8) breaks. Had to uninstall ACF and then reinstall it.

Swedish WP + repeater field.

• Hi @studiogulo

Can you please elaborate more on ‘breaks’?

• Sorry, of course!

What happened was I got an error while trying to update “update failed”
    After that, ACF dissapeared from the menu.
    When I looked in the structure via FTP the folder was empty.
    I removed the folder and then reinstalled ACF -> and got it working.

It only happened once though. I’ve successfully updated two other installation. One with English language and one with Swedish.

• The weird thing is that the error only occured on a pretty clean install. Only ACF and another plugin installed.

The others had a lot more stuff installed and they had no problem updating.

• I’m having a similar issue, under 4.1.6 on our development server everything is working fine, however on 4.1.8 on our production server, we’re having issues with custom options on our page specific options.

I have the repeater plugin, and the options page plugin installed as well.

• We’ve downgraded our production server to 4.1.6 and the issue is still occurring. Can someone tell me if there was a database change or something between 4.1.6 and 4.1.8, and also if simply replacing the plugin files with those of an older version would essentially ‘downgrade’ us fully – at least that would rule out if this is a plugin issue or something else with our theme.

Thanks.

• My issue is resolved. At some point the “Show this field group if” page template was changed.. Could this have been a plugin upgrade issue? I highly doubt someone went in and changed that setting manually.

• Hi @flashpunk

I can guarantee that there is no code in any v4 release that will change any database settings.

I don’t know why you had this issue. Keep your eyes open if it happens again. Perhaps you can then spot a pattern

• Updating it seems to have completely bricked my ability to use ACF. I get a 500 server error – plugins/advanced-custom-fields/js/input.php?ver=4.1.8
    — not a very useful error.

Then 2 more errors immediately after that saying

ReferenceError: acf is not defined
    acf.post_id = 211;

I deleted the plugin and reuploaded 4.1.6 and I still get the same error. Any ideas? On my local environment 4.1.6 works perfectly and I have not updated the plugin.

Let me know what other information I can provide to help

• Hi @laltaffer

Sounds like you have a .htaccess file or server permissions issue that is preventing ACF from reading in the .php file as a .js file.

I have written an article about this very issue here:
    http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/add-image-button-not-working-jsinput-php-404-403-error/

Hope this gives you some insight

• I’ll look into that.. curious that it would all of a sudden lose its permissions. 4.1.6 worked perfectly for me for months

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Updating to 4.1.8 breaks ACF’ is closed to new replies.