I have a custom post type that contains a bunch of custom fields. Everything was working fine, up until the upgrade to 5.0.4. Now, after editing values, the post “Update” never completes and just spirals continually.
Also, I have WP_DEBUG set to true and never see any errors. Only ACF 5.0.4 is activated, no other plugins.
Posts & Pages work fine. I tried re-saving/updating all custom fields and clearing any caches.
This is super weird… if I change the CPT-post to “Pending Review” or “Draft” in the Quick Edit options, then edit the page, it accepts and saves the data if I “Save as Pending” (doesn’t work if I hit Publish). Then I can set the status back to “Published” from the Quick Edit panel and the updated data shows up.