Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Updated to 4.3.0 – Featured Image Gone

Solved

Updated to 4.3.0 – Featured Image Gone

• Hi @Elliot, just updated to 4.3.0 today and noticed that the set featured image metabox is gone. Reverted back to 4.2.2 and it’s back.

A bug maybe?

• Hi @Needlemouse

Thanks for the bug report. Can you please specify exactly where the element is that has gone missing?

Perhaps a screenshot to help identify it?

Thanks
    E

• Hi @Needlemouse

Thanks for the sreenshot. I’ll do some testing and get back to you with a solution.

Thanks
    E

• Hi @Needlemouse

I have done some testing and can confirm that the ACF plugin does not hide this metabox by default.

Each field group contains options to hide elements from the edit page. One of these options is ‘featured image’.

perhaps one of your field groups has this option ticked?

Thanks
    E

• Hi @Elliot! Thanks for the quick reply. Double checked those fields but none of them are checked > <

Screenshot: https://www.monosnap.com/image/RsbKTOCqUS2ISoJb9cxsZ79AU/#

• Hi @Elliot! Right now, what i did is i just set my featured image by getting the value of one of my ACF fields – used add_post_meta and acf/update_value/name=”thefieldname” filter.

Currently works fine but would be great if you can find a work around on how to make the featured image metabox display again 🙂

• Hi @Needlemouse

Thanks for the screenshot. When editing the post, can you double check the screen options tab and make sure the metabox is not hidden there.

Also, can you check the page source to see if the HTML exists and if it is CSS hiding the metabox?

Thanks
    E

• Hi @Elliot, sorry for the delayed reply > <

Checked the screen options, featured image tickbox is also not there > < Screenshot: http://take.ms/0l0hjc

Also checked the HTML and CSS via firebug and It’s also missing there.

Also tried updating with the latest update but that didn’t fix the missing featured image box.

Not really if im the only one having issues though. Using WP 3.7.1 🙂

• Hi @Needlemouse

ACF doesn’t contain any code which would ‘remove’ the DOM element, only hide it with CSS.

If your element is gone completely, this must be a conflict with another plugin, or theme code code?

Are you able to reproduce the issue when ACF is the only plugin activated?

Thanks
    E

• Hi @Elliot, sorry for the delayed reply.

Here’s the thing – I only have ACF as my plugin and Vaultpress. I’m really not a fan of having plugins unless it has a very helpful feature like ACF.

Featured Image Meta Box comes back whenever I disable ACF > <

Since I’m using Vaultpress, I have backups of every changes in my site and I basically restored my plugins back which makes my ACF version 3.xxx or something and voila – Featured Image is back in older versions of ACF.

Installed 4.3 again and it hides the Featured Image metabox again.

Not really sure if it’s me who has the problem > <

• Hi @Needlemouse

Can you please switch to the default theme? Perhaps there is some code in your theme which conflicts with ACF?

Thanks
    E

• Hi @elliot, tried it, still missing > <

What I did for now is downgraded to 4.2.2 and it’s working great with the featured image metabox displayed 🙂

• Hi @Elliot, fixed the issue and you’re right it’s in my theme code. Basically, I think wordpress did some changes when it comes to the $priority parameter of add_action. I have it setup to “1” even before and it’s usually working fine. Removed the “1” and set it to the default value wordpress is assigning and the featured image metabox is back in action 🙂

OLD: add_action(“after_setup_theme”, “otakupro_theme_support”, 1);
    THIS FIXED IT: add_action(“after_setup_theme”, “otakupro_theme_support”);

Thank you very much for this great plugin specially for your non-ending support for it. More power!

• Hi @Needlemouse

Thanks for the follow up

Cheers
    E

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Updated to 4.3.0 – Featured Image Gone’ is closed to new replies.