Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) update_field for taxonomy field type

Solved

update_field for taxonomy field type

• Hi,
    I try to update an ACF field (taxonomy type) for a post with update_field but it does not work. This updates the wp_postmeta table but not the relationship between the post and taxonomy (wp_term_relationships).
    How to solve this problem ?
    Thank you
    Fred

• Hi @fred-malinge

The update_field() function won’t update the post taxonomy. To do that, you need to set the taxonomy by using the wp_set_post_terms() function. This page should give you more idea about it: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_set_post_terms.

I hope this helps 🙂

• Hi,
    thanks
    i use wp_set_object_terms for it s a custom posttype and custom tax, but it doesnt work. May be i cant call this function in the acf/save_post action ?
    update_field( ‘field_56618811a093f’, 18, $postID ); = OK
    $term_taxonomy_ids = wp_set_object_terms( $postID, 18, ‘my_taxonomy’); = doesnt work

• Hi @fred-malinge

Could you please share the complete code?

Also, could you please try it by passing the term name instead? So it should be like this:

$term_taxonomy_ids = wp_set_object_terms( $postID, 'term-name', 'my_taxonomy');

Thanks 🙂

• Hi,
    I tried several ways but none worked. With the slug, the id, … yet updat_field lines work

here is my code, see // WP SET TERM OBJECT DOESNT WORK (line 57)

Thanks
    Fred

• Hi @fred-malinge

I’m afraid you can’t attach PHP file to the reply. Kindly zip it first before attaching it or use https://gist.github.com/.

Thanks 🙂

• Hi,
    here is a zip
    Thanks
    Fred

• Hi @fred-malinge

I’ve just tested wp_set_object_terms() function with the acf/save_post hook, and it’s working correctly. But please keep in mind that I modified the code so it’s working on my installation.

Could you please make sure that the variables have the correct values? Could you please debug it like this:

echo "\noeuvre\n:";
    var_dump( $oeuvre );
    echo "\nterm_id\n:";
    var_dump( $term_id );

Also, could you please add the variable manually like this:

$term_taxonomy_ids = wp_set_object_terms( 99, 123, 'statut_pret');

Where “99” is the post ID and “123” is the term ID.

Thanks 🙂

• Hi,
    in fact , the problem was the $oeuvre variable, for it is an array
    i had to write :
    $term_taxonomy_ids = wp_set_object_terms( $oeuvre->ID, $term_id, ‘statut_oeuvre’);
    in steadof
    $term_taxonomy_ids = wp_set_object_terms( $oeuvre, $term_id, ‘statut_oeuvre’);
    Thanks for help
    Fred

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘update_field for taxonomy field type’ is closed to new replies.