Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues update_field and switch_to_blog

Helping

update_field and switch_to_blog

• I’m trying to use a form on one site to save some ACF values to a post on another site from a front-end form (all in the same multi-sites installation of course). For some reason I can’t seem to get the values to save. Can I use update_field after I’ve called switch_to_blog? Or is it too late at that point?

Here’s the code I’m attempting to use. It’s all wrapped in a ‘gform_after_submission’ call (from Gravity Forms). I’ve confirmed that the GF hook is working properly, and that all the values are getting passed in the Entry object properly…

//Switch to the school's blog 
            $school_blog = $entry[2];
            switch_to_blog($school_blog);

$post_id = $entry[1];

if (update_field( 'field_5215741f54e1f', $entry[3], $post_id )) { //Win or Loss	
    			update_field( 'field_5215744854e20', $entry[4], $post_id ); //Our Score
    			update_field( 'field_5215746754e21', $entry[5], $post_id ); //Opponent Score	
    		} else {
    			die('Sorry, but the score couldn\'t be updated. Please try again later.');
    		}

// Restore Original Post Data
    		restore_current_blog();
  • Just an update – I tried to do this without any Gravity Forms code at all to see if that might be the problem – I just created a simple form in one page template and submitted it to another page, with a template to process the form. Still no dice. I’m thinking this is a conflict with switch_to_blog() and update_field()

$channel_blog = $_POST['channel_blog'];
    $event_id = $_POST['event_id'];
    $win_loss = $_POST['win_loss'];
    $our_score = $_POST['our_score'];
    $opponent_score = $_POST['opponent_score'];

//Switch to the school's blog 
    switch_to_blog($channel_blog);

update_field('field_5215741f54e1f', $win_loss, $event_id ); // Win/Loss
    update_field('field_5215744854e20', $our_score, $event_id ); // Our Score
    update_field('field_5215746754e21', $opponent_score, $event_id ); // Opponent Score

// Restore Original Post Data
    restore_current_blog();
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘update_field and switch_to_blog’ is closed to new replies.