I’ve got the same problem on many of my website. From time to time, I can update some websites with ACF installed but most of my sites stuck at an old version of ACF Pro. Firebug shows a HTTP-Status-Code 200 but the header of the answer shows, that there is no success to fetch that update.
As I experienced the same problem on many websites I manage, I found that deactivate then reactivate ACF Pro licence allows me to restore the update feature for concerned projects (mailnly OVH servers and localy hosted websites).
I often start a new project from a clone of a preconfigured WP install (files, plugins and parameters) containing ACF Pro already activated, so deactivate/reactivate solved this in my case.
@kireip Your advice is working like a charm! Generally, I use “Duplicator” to copy a local installation to my web server. Maybe, it results in the same conflict how you described. After deactivating and reentering the PRO-License I can update all installations of ACF Pro.
Thank you very much!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
The topic ‘Update problems’ is closed to new replies.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users