Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) update "instructions" after load if fields are filled out?

Solved

update "instructions" after load if fields are filled out?

• update “instructions” for a field after load if certain fields are filled out?

OR

update message field.

What im trying to do is.
    If a certain field in the admin post area is filled out i want to take that data and present it as a external link under the instruction text.

• bootsz

• July 18, 2013 at 11:37 am

I think you could do this with some custom JavaScript loaded on the admin page via admin_enqueue_scripts.

Say your field is named “my_field”, you could try something like this (using jQuery):

if ( $("#acf-field-my_field").val() ) {
     $("#acf-my_field .label").append("My new text here");
    }

Haven’t tested it but that’s where I’d start.

• Thanks yeah i solved it that way….

function my_head_input()
    {
        ?>
        <style type="text/css">
        .field {width:50%; display:inline-block; vertical-align: top; -moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box; padding:10px !important;}
        .field_type-repeater,.field_type-true_false {width:100%; padding: 10px 0!important;}

</style>

<script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery(document).ready(function(){
        "use strict";
            var isbn = jQuery('#acf-field-isbn').val();
            if (isbn) {
                jQuery('#acf-isbn p').append('<br><a href="http://www.bokrondellen.se/'+isbn+'.aspx" target="_blank"> Boklänk till Bokrondellen '+isbn+'</a>');
            }
        });
        </script>
        <?php
    }

add_action('acf/input/admin_head', 'my_head_input');
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.