Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Update fields based of another field value?

Solved

Update fields based of another field value?

• I have a custom post type with several custom fields. I want to be able to update all the field’s values based on the value of a “main field” so when the user fills in that “main field” it triggers the update (from a function I wrote that grabs data based on the field value and populates the other field values) and refreshes the page. Is this possible and where would I start? I am just looking for a nudge in the right direction. I was thinking one of the API tie ins might work but wasn’t sure which one to dive into as non of them seem exactly what I am needing.

I am currently updating them with an external php script so if the above doesn’t work, is there a way I can add an “Update” link that will hit the page with my current update script on it?

Thanks!

• @mrwebslinger, did you ever find a solution for this?

• I think I just did a work around. It’s been so long since that project that I am having a hard time remembering what I did. We can close this thread though.

• thanks, I’m been trying to go through some old topics when I have time to try and clean up the forums a bit. glad you got it worked out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Update fields based of another field value?’ is closed to new replies.