Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Unresponsive image upload

Solving

Unresponsive image upload

• Hi there
    I’ve picked ups problem on a current WordPress site. I have a repeater (6 rows including 2x logic). As I add more content to the page the ‘Add Image’ button becomes unresponsive (and media overlay does not load) – around 12-15 rows of content. And then when I click ‘Add Image’ button I get the following error message in the console:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'new wp.media.controller')
    new_frame input.min.js
    popup input.min.js
    (anonymous function) input.min.js
    dispatch load-scripts.php
    handle load-scripts.php

It feels like there is a conflict with a cache plugin (WPFC) – but it’s hard to work out why. How can I pinpoint exactly what the conflict is and how to fix?
    Thanks
    Robin

• Hi @robin174

To make sure that the WPFC is indeed the one that causes the conflict, could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with only ACF activated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

If the issue persists even after you changed the theme and deactivated the plugins, could you please share the JSON export file of your field group so I can test it out on my installation?

Thanks 🙂

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @robin174

I just want to make sure, so the issue disappeared when you changed the theme and deactivated other plugins? If it was, then there’s a conflict between ACF and your theme or other plugins. Could you please activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue?

Doing that will help us know which one that has the issue and we can focus on that alone. I suspect there’s something wrong with the Advanced Custom Fields: Image Crop Add-on, but I’m not sure yet. Could you please do the basic test I mentioned before?

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Unresponsive image upload’ is closed to new replies.