Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Underscore in Taxonomy Name

Solved

Underscore in Taxonomy Name

• I am attempting to add a custom field to the product category taxonomy used by WooCommerce. Their term for the taxonomy is “product_cat” with an underscore in the term. This is presenting a problem when I am trying to retrieve the field as in:

$sm_hero_url = get_field('sm-category-hero-image', 'product_cat_' . $cat_id);

This creates the post id of ‘product_cat_87’. I think the extra underscore is the problem. The taxonomy comes from the plugin

Is there a work around for this?

• Hi @studio34

Why is the ‘extra underscore’ a problem, I don’t understand.

• I believe the extra underscore interferes with the parsing of the taxonomy_id string. This is the first time I have had to deal with a taxonomy that had an underscore in it and it is the first time that get_field has not worked for me.

I’m trying to rule out issues. I’ve already checked spelling. Not sure what else to try.

• Hi @studio34

I don’t believe this underscore is an issue at all. There is no code in ACF which is exploding the $post_id string by the ‘_’ cahracter. Instead it looks in the wp_options table for a value with a options_name of:

'product_cat_' . $cat_id . '_' . $field_name

Perhaps you are having another issue but have jumped to this conclusion?

Let me know if I can be of any other help.

Perhaps you could test on another taxonomy just to rule this out?

• It turns out it was an issue with WooCommerce’s function returning the correct taxonomy id. I appreciate the help and sorry for the false alarm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Underscore in Taxonomy Name’ is closed to new replies.