Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Undefined function register_options_page

Solved

Undefined function register_options_page

• Hi!

I’m suddenly getting the following PHP error in the functions.php for my theme.:

PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function register_options_page()

We haven’t updated WordPress or the plugin itself to cause the problem.

I’ve tried using the following function instead, but that didn’t help eiter;
    acf_add_options_sub_page()

In the functions.php the code look like this:

register_options_page(‘Kontor-tider’);

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Best regards
    Mark

• Hi @compell

Sounds like an update has happened from a much older version of ACF which used to use a function called ‘register_options_page’.

Can you please use the function here:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/functions/acf_add_options_sub_page/

If this is not defined, then perhaps the issue is that your add-on is not loading by the time you run the code. Are you including the add-on in a theme? Or is it a normal plugin?

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

Thank you for the quick response!

I seems that the Options Page add-on isn’t installed, did the register_options_page work without that add-on previously?

I didn’t develop the website, I’ve just taken over the development, so I’m trying to get a hang of it all.

Thanks!

• Hi @compell

Perhaps in an earlier version of ACF, the register_options_page function did exist in the core plugin, however the options page functionality would not have existed, so nothing would have happened.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Undefined function register_options_page’ is closed to new replies.